Top 10 most popular wedding first dance songs
Well, I was going to put in here the top 10 most chosen first dance songs, but there seem to be an infinite number of lists out there. This one is taken from a recent poll of 2,000 videographers, and I am pleased to see old Van Morrison is still hanging in there!
1. Lonestar – Amazed
2. Aerosmith – Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
3. Shania Twain – From This Moment On
4. Bryan Adams – (Everything I do) I Do It For You
5. Take That – Rule The World
6. Van Morrison – Have I told you Lately
7 Westlife – Flying without Wings
8. Robbie Williams – Angels
9. Shania Twain – You’re Still The One
10 Jack Johnson – Better Together
My top tips for chosing your first dance track
- Don’t leave it until the last minute, and don’t leave it to one party to choose alone (“When you say nothing at all” by Ronan Keating was not an ideal choice for me, as I never stop talking, but it is quite funny to look back on).
- Listen to the lyrics – and rule out any cheerful tunes that are hiding break up songs – “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor is definitely a no, no.
- Try and choose something that it will be easy to dance/ sway to. You may love Kraftwerk, but why make life difficult? On the other hand, if you are BOTH happy to headbang your way through a heavy metal first dance, you go for it (and I know a couple who did)!
Of course, if you don’t want to have a first dance, Plan B would be to cheerfully skip this bit and enjoy time with your guests instead.
Okay, so you probably aren’t going to choreograph a perfect wedding dance, but there are some brilliant videos of wedding dances on Youtube, from Bride and Groom couples turned performers. In case you have missed them, here are my favourites:-
Did you, or someone you know choose an unusual song for a first dance? Please leave your comments below.
Is there something you would like to see featured in future wedding blogs? If so, please Contact me with the details.
View wedding details and prices on the Weddings Page.
See more wedding images in the Wedding Gallery.
Comments are closed.